This is a first-level Analog Electronics course which introduces the theory of semiconductor physics and p-n junctions. Fundamental electronic devices, namely, Diodes, Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJTs) and Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors (MOSFETs) are introduced, detailing their construction, operation and terminal current-voltage relations. DC as well as Small Signal Analysis, and design of circuits containing these devices are covered.
Important design applications for these devices are introduced, including diode based rectifiers,BJT based CE, CB and CC Amplifiers and MOSFET based CS, CG and CD amplifiers. Design and analysis of operational amplifier circuits, and their use in simple active filters are studied.
CULearn Elec2507 A&B cross-list account – website will be regularly updated for information/material regarding the course.
The course consists of lectures (12 weeks, 1.5 hours of two sessions per week), laboratory sessions (5 labs of 3 hours each) and problem analyses (PA) sessions (5 sessions of 3 hours each). Students attend Lab and PA sessions in alternate weeks.
Mandatory pre-requisite for the course are listed in the undergraduate calendar and is ELEC2501. Students without the prerequisite will be de-registered.
Labs (5) 20% (Online)
Homework Problem Sets (HWPs) (5) 15% (Online)
Midterm Test + In class quizzes 15% (Online)
[Midterm Exam Date: Saturday, March
06, 2021; 3pm to 4:30pm
Midterm Exam is Optional. In case of
missed Midterm Test for any reasons,
weightage of the test will be transferred to
the final Exam].
Final Exam 50% (Online)
Note: To pass the course, all the following three conditions must be satisfied.
1) At least 4 of the 5 labs must be completed with final average lab marks of 50% or better to pass the course
2) At least 4 of the 5 Homework Problem Sets must be completed with final average HWP marks of 50% or better to pass the course (all 5 Tests will be counted while computing the PA-total).
Due to the nature and difficulty of setting the labs, and running the course in an online environment, no time extensions will be given beyond the specified execution/submission deadlines for Labs or HWP problem sets. Instead, best 4 out of 5 labs and best 4 out of 5 HWP marks will be counted towards the final total as a form of accommodation for handling any unforeseen circumstances you may face.
Hence plan accordingly and any further requests regarding these will not be entertained.
3) Final exam may differ from PAs and MidTerm in terms of complexity of questions and presentation of answers. At least 45% on the final exam is required to pass the course.
Attendance to the Lab and PA sessions are mandatory for marking of Lab Reports and HWP questions. Attendance to Class is mandatory for securing in class quiz marks.
By the end of this course, students will be able to:
1. Analyze and Design different types of amplifier and filter circuits using operational amplifiers.
2. Explain the theory of semiconductor physics, construction and operation of Diodes, Bi-Polar Junction Transistors (BJTS) and MOSFETS. Also Model the current-voltage relationship of these devices.
3. Perform DC as well as Small Signal Analysis of circuits containing Diodes, BJTs and MOSFETs.
4. Analyze and Design basic electronic building blocks: Diode based Rectifier Circuits,CE/CB/CC BJT Amplifiers and CS/CG/CD MOSFET Amplifiers
A+网课™ 支持PayPal, WechatPay, AliPay等各种付款方式!
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:apluswk