CS157B, Database Management Systems II, Section 1
All your lab assignments and programming projects must be able to compile and run before submission. Otherwise you will not earn many points if we can’t verify your results. You are expected to spend 15-20 hours a week on homework or programming assignment.
Faculty Web Page and MYSJSU Messaging
Course syllabus and the rest of the course information will be published via Canvas. You are responsible for regularly checking with the messaging system through MySJSU and Canvas to learn of any updates.
Computing topics of current interest in industrial practice. This class focuses specifically on database implementation and DBMS Application Development.
The DBMS Application Development section is divided into 2 parts:
- Part 1 Programming Interfaces for a commercial DBMS
- Part 2 Exploitation of SQL Functions
Course Learning Outcomes (CLO)
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- CLO 1 – Use several programming interfaces such as Embedded SQL and JDBC.
- CLO 2 – Understand the main differences between dynamic and static SQL.
- CLO 3 – Understand how the data in formatted and stored on the disk.
- CLO 4 – Understand how an SQL statement is being process inside the database.
- CLO 5 – Understand different indexing scheme and their storage implementation.
- CLO 6 – Understand how current transactions are being processed and synchronized.
- CLO 7 – Understand how to backup and recover data using different logging methods.
- CLO 8 – Learn to implement a light-weight relational database with above concepts.
Database Systems – The Complete Book, 2nd Ed. (ISBN 0-13-187325-3)
Other Readings [Optional]
Other equipment / material requirements (include if applicable)
Additional Lecture Slides and class material will be provided
Course Requirements and Assignments
There will be one exam, one project, several lab assignments, several homework and quizzes. All the exams and quizzes will be close book unless noted. There will be no laptops, or any personal digital devices allowed. I strongly suggest that you attend each class and take good notes during the semester. There will be NO make-up exams and quizzes.
All the labs, programming assignments, and related documentations must be handed in electronically. Programs that are handed in after the due date will not be accepted. Additional information about each project will be given in separate handouts. For your project, we will compile and grade your programs using the gcc compiler on Windows and on Mac. Your program needs to be able to compile and execute before you turned it in.
A+网课™ 支持PayPal, WechatPay, AliPay等各种付款方式!
E-mail: email@example.com 微信:apluswk